What is a midwife?
- Midwife simply means "with woman".
- A certified nurse-midwife (CNM) is a registered nurse who has advanced training and education in family planning, pregnancy, birth, newborn care, postpartum, menopause and beyond.
- In California, a CNM is an independent practitioner who works in collaboration and consultation with a physician depending on the needs of the individual client.
Why choose a nurse-midwife?
- The midwifery model of care views pregnancy and birth as normal processes. CNMs provide holistic care focused on preventative measures to help you keep your pregnancy and delivery healthy.
- Midwifery services are provided in partnership with clients and families.